NYT > Home Page

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Hump Day

Do you know why Wednesday is called "hump day?" Get those unclean thoughts out of your brain. "Hump Day" signifies Wednesday being at the mid-point of the week which is like a hump to roll over-like a roller coaster, as it were. Well, we have gotten over the hump of Wednesday. Please re-read the FRQ strategies page that I spoke to you about today. It is important to really understand the differences between the verbs such as "analyze" and"list" and so on. What do the readers want to see when those verbs are used?....

Make sure you read pages 26 through 34 in O'Conner and Subato. These pages should cover the Origins of the American Republic. You will be given your usual quiz tomorrow to start the day. That will be followed by alas, more lecture and then finally, let's watch some more of the video I introduced today. It is actually pretty entertaining.

On Friday, I will have some sort of a video for you (government related, of course). We all need a break from the daily grind, don't we?

2 comments:

  1. Of course everyone was going to have unclean thoughts when they read the title...haha. Anyways, I'm excited for that video tomorrow. From what I saw today it did look pretty interesting. It didn't have the typical monotone voiced narrator with the dramatic music accompanying a crappy reenactment of our Founding Fathers. So hopefully it doesn't disappoint. And yay for Friday's video! Maybe some more Colbert? ; D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the video is about I hope it's on Barack Obama or something like that. I think we really need a break we have been working hard. I think it's intresting what we are learning in class. I hope the video is intresting. I can't wait to watch it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete