NYT > Home Page

Monday, September 21, 2009

It Monday Again?!!!

Well hello again. Not much inspiration to write about. I thought the Constitution video was an appropriate thing to watch. It provides a nice summary and puts things into understandable terms. I booed John Yoo as mentioned, because of his work in the Bush Administration in the Office of Legal Council. He helped Bush craft a justification on torture and called the Geneva Convention 'quaint'. Obama has supposedly reversed the policy. An official torture policy sets such a horrible precedent. As official policy it sends a message to the world loud and clear that human rights are not a priority for the United States. This is very damaging to our country which touts itself as a beacon of Democracy.

Tomorrow you will have a 29 question T/F quiz on Chapter 1. A little re-review is never a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. Urgh...T/F...I guess it's nice that it's a 50/50 chance on this type of quiz but at the same time it's just frustrating...I get the whole second guessing myself thing going on and that's not fun = ( But wish me luck! We'll see how it goes...I guess it's time for me to hit the books instead of rambling on here... ; )

    ReplyDelete