NYT > Home Page

Friday, September 18, 2009

Chucky Cheese and Me

Took my son to Chuck-E Cheeses tonight. I wondered why they didn't serve beer there, and then it dawned on me. There is so much child-generated mayhem that serving alcohol to parents would lead to all sorts of problems...Anyway, we survived my son's seventh birthday party...

I hope you enjoyed the West Wing today. It's a great show in my opinion. Lot's of good, relevent information on how government works. A lot of it (the show ran for eight seasons from the early 2000's) the plots were taken right out of the daily news. One of the best episodes focussed on the killing of a gay teen (Mathew Shepard) and The White House's slow move towards enacting hate crimes legislation to include the GLBT Community. There were many other great episodes as well.

Anyway, I'm going to call it a night. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Chuck E. Cheese + alcohol = some crazy stories for the next morning, well maybe you'd probably just want to forget those stories...lol
    I surprisingly really liked the West Wing. I would see the previews for it on NBC or whatever network it was on and I was just like ugh...who watches this crap? I honestly thought it'd be pure boring drama, but it was pretty hilarious = )
    We should watch the episode that has to do with Mathew Shepard. The theatre I work for just did "The Laramie Project" last season, and it was an amazing and moving show. So I think it'd be interesting to see the way it was portrayed in the West Wing.
    Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete