NYT > Home Page

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Conference

Just a quick note-a very quick one at that. I have returned from my "We the People" conference in Morro Bay. I am inspired with some new curriculum. I take note of students who have some difficulty with teacher-centered curriculum, where I stand up front and lecture (it's been called 'spray and pray'-the teacher sprays out his/her lecture and prays that the students learn the content). While I will continue to give lectures (not every day!), I also plan to have more student-centered learning take place. We will be getting a classroom set of "We the People" textbooks. You will also have one to take home as well as one copy inside the class. These units are designed with more student-directed activities. For tomorrow, after our quiz, I will put you to work on a jigsaw reading on the federalists and their "struggle for ratification." You will be working together to teach each other some of the material for a change. Just so you know, I am willing to adjust my teaching however necessary to ensure the best success for you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for going the extra mile to make sure we do our best!

    ReplyDelete