NYT > Home Page

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday

So, I hope you enjoyed playing the Jeopardy game today. I also hope it was a helpful form of review for you. Tomorrow you will take a quiz on the "Constitutional Underpinnings" terms. There are two quizzes with about 20 questions or so. Additionally, you will be tested on the FRQ concerning federalism.

For the FRQ, you will define what federalism is as well as demonstrate in writing how federalism has allowed both the national and state governments to assert their own control. You will need to incorporate the following terms into the FRQ: "block grants", "categorical funding", welfare reform, and the 10th amendment. You will have to demonstrate how these terms impact whether federal or state governments are in control. You may not write your essay in advance this time. Please study your terms as well as re-read sections on federalism (consult the photo copy reading on federalism and grants-in-aid).

With any remaining time, I will start the movie on Harvard Law school called "The Paper Chase." See you tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. mr.barclay...
    tomorrow many of us will be gone, we will be at the parae..
    is there any way, the quizzes and frq can be postponed..??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was my thought exactly...I mean it's our last homecoming lol But seriously, I do believe quite a few people from the class are going to be gone because of the parade. I think it'd be best to postpone because so many of us are going to have to make it up anyways, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your feedback. Therefore, we will have the quiz on Monday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete