NYT > Home Page

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Political Ideology Assignment

Class,

Here is an assignment that I want you to complete:
Go to this link: http://typology.people-press.org/typology/
Go ahead and take the typology quiz and print out your results which you will turn in with your binder when we have our first binder check.
I want you to also do another one at:http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz
and print out those results as well. Answer the following questions to accompany the quizzes you take typewritten or handwritten:

1. Where your results for both tests the same? Generally summarize where you are politically on the scales and briefly describe the characteristics of your ideology (i.e. When I took the scales I turned out to be a Republican. Republicans generally believe in....)

2. Where you surprized where you ended up on the political scales? Why or why not?

3. Does your political ideology match up with your parent's or relative's political ideology?

4. Knowing yourself as you do, do you think that your political ideology will change or stay the same as you get older?

5. Do you think it is important to know where you stand politically? Why or why not?

6 comments:

  1. was this for summer school students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is for the school year. For august.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do we have to print out our questionnaire results as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, as stated in class. You need to print out your questionnaire results and attach to your answers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. do we need to answer the questions twice? that is one per test?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosy U. Per 5.
    Yes, definitely I was shocked to see that I am an upbeat, I don’t even know what that means. However, I liked that it says that I one of the few that anyone can succeed in life. Also, that I believe that not all immigrants are a threat to this country. Well I think that it’s good to know where I stand politically, except I don’t know what party my parents belong too. For now I think I liked my results who knows maybe in the future I will changed my mind.

    ReplyDelete