NYT > Home Page

Sunday, March 7, 2010

For Monday

Hi Class,

To remind, we are starting Unit 5 on Monday (Public Policy). For a "heads up" on tomorrow's quiz, hit the link and then find the quiz (Public Policy Quiz #1):
http://www.mtbarclay.com/mrbarclaysgovernmentclassalisalhighschool200708/id13.html

At this time I want to announce that my FRQ assignment is ready but needs to be reproduced for class "takers." It should be ready by this Friday. Let me be blunt: this is a BIG assignment. It will contain about 40 FRQ's for you to write. This is why it will be VOLUNTARY and worth a GRADE and a HALF BOOST. For example, if you have 50% as a final grade at the end of the semester, you will receive a 65% and up and up she goes from there...

I believe that the only potential stumbling block for many of you is to write analystically and confidently on the FRQ's. If you practice these FRQ's you will have a much greater chance at passing the APGO. Let me also remind you that if you get a "3" or greater, I will give you an automatic "A" for the course...If you get a four, I will carry your backpack around for a week, a five and I will shave my head (just kidding!!!).

Now, producing 40 FRQ's seems like a HUGE chore. I will explain to you an option that should make this assignment very manageable. Sound interesting? See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment